Forum für Camper-Selbstausbauer!

Für angedachte, geplante, halbfertige und fertige Wohnmobilausbauten.

Tagebücher die den Camperausbau beschreiben
Hi guys,

i was thinking that I will start diary later but journy already begun so I will try to keep up.

First of all: I am Jakub and I am from Czech republic and will be writing this diary in English language. Please excuse my typos or missspeling.

I bought our VAN from neighbour country Slovakia. I found a good deal - van in a good shape, low mileage and Bratislava is around 4,5 hours by train from Prague.
First i wen to check the van if it is in good shape or not. I am no car mechanic so i asked local Renault service to check the car and it went though fine.

Second visit was to sign papers as we were unable to do that on first visit and I wanted to think it through a bit. Then I had to wait around two weeks to get Slovakian paperwork done. Slovak process is even longer that the Czech one. I was quite surprised.

Third visit was planned to pick the VAN and go back. That was last friday - week of crazy wind everywhere. I went day ahead to Bratislava, slept over to be fresh to go with new car.
Autobazar selling the car surprised me not in the pleasant way. They messed up and sent licence plates with papers to Prague to Czech branch by misstake.
After some hard negotiation I went back by train and next day they delivered car to my door in Prague.

I bought used car Renault Master L4H3 - longest and heighest version that renault has to offer. Car model is 2010 and car in service from 2012 so ten years old.
It was used as rental car for ranom tasks and it has milleage 125k so quite good.
Cabin is a little used but nothing bad and storage area was quite beaten. Most of desk material used on sides broken and heavy duty floor damaged as well but only wood. Metal is good. Almost no rust at all.

Two door handles were broken and I fixed them today. Ordered parts watched some youtube video somebody else do similar thing and went ahead.
First repair done and it feels good.
Next step is changing front window as there are some dents from rocks on highway.
Afterwards I can get STK (TUV) and then get car registered to get Czech plates.
Then the convesion starts.

Right now I am generating bazilion ideas in my head how to fit all together and use the space best.

And that is about it for today.
Cheers and have a nice weekend :metal:
Jakub
Van from outside
Van from outside
Inside of van
Inside of van
calalalaudio, Skyvan, Slap und 3 andere gefällt dies
This was busy week.
On Wednesday I got my registration plates. My car can finally legally drive anywhere I want. 9.3.2022 is Day 1!
I immediately registered car for Czech highways and city parking in our district.

Then I went buy rear seats that will be installed later. Brand Intap - manufacturer from Poland.
IMG_3027.png
Explanation: in Czech republic I cannot use anything car related that is not homologated and therefore has testing for safety etc. I know Germany is much more benevolent in some regards.

I ripped off most of "hulkerized" sides as they will go away. I kept only those on back doors because I will use them later as templates for something more proper.
IMG_3030.png
Today (Friday) Day 3 I had appointment with company that can increase or change seat numbers. Car has 1+2 seats configuration. 3 seats total in front.
I want to have two front seats with swivel and two rear seats that I bought.
There is only one company that can do all legal changes that i will need - change car category to N1 special for people transport.
I got all information that I will need to follow to not complicate my life later on again from legal perspective.
I also ordered custom stand for rear seats that will raise them to the same level as front seats.

I also consulted my special plans for roof windows as I will not go by ordinary route and will get polycarbonate triple glazed roof window. I never seen anything similar so it will be an experiment.

Next I have plan to cut side windows and install them.

At this moment I am looking for suitable front seats or at least compatible passenger seat. Not easy task :/ But i have some tricks in my sleeves. Keep your fingers crossed for me or better have some suggestions how to solve this issue.

Cheers and have a nice weekend :metal:
Jakub

Edit: photos were switched :D
calalalaudio, jj79, 997 und 2 andere gefällt dies
Seat Conversion from 3 to 2 in the front is no problem, easy mounted in short time, no problems with electric, you can use a driver seat from a UK model
( I bought a used one for much money on "ebay Kleinanzeigen" ), mountings are under the rubber, just to cut a hole...

Swifels from CTA are cheap and good quality, I ordered in Poland, 308,-€ including delivering for both.

[Externer Link für Gäste nicht sichtbar]

Pics here : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5245
Hi Sprotte,
thank you for your kind words.

I cam back today (Day 21) with some update of my own. Friend of mine shown me Ebay marketplace/offers running in Germany (the same one you suggested) and I found my passenger seat. (60€ + 90€ postage) Used condition but overall great. I already had local czech shop who has CTA swivels on stock (aprox 190€ a piece - [Externer Link für Gäste nicht sichtbar]
And link to seat seller: [Externer Link für Gäste nicht sichtbar]
I sent so much time to find some that I am so happy it arrived today. I just removed my office chair and sitting on it as I write this :) I want to know how comfortable it is and if it needs some adjustments. (And head rest need some attention).

My car was today in service. I rode there yesterday as I need some repairs for TUV. I got one only temporary to fix some minor issues.
Car lock for side doors broke day before I went to service so I found replacement part, send it beforehand to service and it it should be all repaired.
Wednesday I pick car and drive back and Thursday TUV. Fingers crossed to everything go smoothly.

I ordered some insulation PIR desk material that will go everywhere where curvature car will allow it. Rest will be Mirelon - Czech product and way cheaper than K-flex or similar.
I also already got some plywood to be used later.

Otherwise seating is ready. I have my second row seats with homologated base, passenger seat arrived. And swivels should be on their way shortly.
After TUV i plan to do test fit with removed cab divider to get better feeling of space.
And I need to get my van weighted so i know my starting weight.

I also need start to make decisions for electrics, solar and roof layout and start ordering. Everything will take a lot of time.

I hope I am not boring you to death with my ideas. It is still coming up. And slowly :)

Cheers and have a rest of week :metal:
Jakub
Sprotte hat geschrieben: vor 2 Jahre Seat Conversion from 3 to 2 in the front is no problem, easy mounted in short time, no problems with electric, you can use a driver seat from a UK model
( I bought a used one for much money on "ebay Kleinanzeigen" ), mountings are under the rubber, just to cut a hole...

Swifels from CTA are cheap and good quality, I ordered in Poland, 308,-€ including delivering for both.

[Externer Link für Gäste nicht sichtbar]

Pics here : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5245
pyrotitti, calalalaudio, ChrisChris und 1 andere gefällt dies
Hello,
long time has passed without any written updates.

I installed my passenger seat with swivel and was working great until..
I got contacted by one guy who was selling another passenger seat for a good price with arm rest. So i decided to buy the other one as well and changed them.
Later I will try to sell my chair - if you are interested let me know.

Floor is mostly done. I am insulating mostly everything with 5cm PIR boards. That is basically best isolation available to me. Some round parts I will be solving with something flexible that I not decided yet. Maybe Mirelon (Czech product similar to K-Tex).

Top floor is plywood with anti-friction treatment and also water resistant.

My second row seats are ready to be installed. Welded (homologated) platform is installed.
Side windows are installed - side door and on opposite side to them next to second double seat.

I also awaits delivery of custom made ceiling window as well as second layer of side door windows. It will be sandwich of two windows that should help with condensation as well as thermal barrier. Roof window will be quite special and I am looking forward to installing it (big challenge) and to share some pictures.
Once it arrives I will have all my roof components ready.
Aluminium railing for sides that will act as anchor for various attachments in and out. I will help hold down my flexible solar panels and I will be attaching awning to it as we will need it. We will use some kind of Tarpaulins and we will see if we like it or not :)

Most of my electrical components are here as well but I am unfortunately waiting for some distribution blocks that holds me back.
I need to order plastic pipes for electrical cables and start installing them.

Most of basic thing are ready to be installed.
I didn't bothered too much with furniture so far and I will install it later on.
Water will wait as well. I will prepare most of it but I will be making my own water tanks and that will take some time to figure out.

Cheers and have a nice week :metal:
Jakub